In this weird time that the world is going through, I can’t help but think that everyone should focus on themselves and do things that they are passionate about. Spending time at home for such a long may be quite strenuous to your mental well being but do stay positive and try on new activities! Learn a new language on YouTube, try painting or a new recipe!
Here I am sharing with you a new recipe that you can do with your family or your housemates! Do it and go through it together!
‘Bergedil’ is a snack that is popular in Malaysia, Indonesia and some ASEAN countries. It is made of potatoes, minced meat and fried shallots, it’s loved by everyone and I’m sure you’ll love them too. Try it!
5 medium size potatoes (3 large potatoes)
300g minced beef (optional for vegetarian or vegan)
1 to 2 medium size shallots
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp cumin seed or coriander seed
Salt & pepper
1. Start off by dicing the ingredients (potatoes, shallots, garlic, and coriander)
2. In a deep frying pan, heat some oil (as seen below) put in the diced potatoes, shallots and garlic
3. Fry the potatoes in low heat until it softens. Poke it with a fork, it if falls apart it’s ready!
4. Take out the fried potatoes, transfer it into a large bowl and leave it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Put in the other ingredients: coriander, salt, pepper, cumin seeds. Mash and mix all the ingredients, taste it if it requires more seasoning.
6. Add in minced meat (optional for vegetarian or vegan) and mix thoroughly.
7. Set it in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour (to skip this part if limited time)
8. Scoop a spoonful of the mixture, roll it into a ball and flatten it like a patty.
9. Beat an egg and coat the patty (as seen below)
10. In a pan of hot oil, fry the patty until golden brown.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Try this recipe and tag me on Instagram @themadcookjournals 🙂