Cuisine: Chinese | Prep Time: 40 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serve: 2 to 3 persons
Have you tried Spicy Chicken Pot? It’s considered a fairly new dish (few years) with the ever-growing Szechuan style hot pot and this is one of them. In my opinion, this dish is a combination of the Mala and oyster sauce flavour which quickly became one of my favourites. Here is a simplified version of the Spicy Chicken Hot Pot that you too can try making!
Spicy Chicken Hot Pot
- Half chicken cut into pieces
- 7 slices Ginger
- 4 clove Garlic
- Coriander (optional)
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Cooking wine
- 1 tbsp Dry chili (optional for less spicy)
- 3 tbsp Mala paste
- 1 tsp Szechuan peppercorn seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Szechuan powder (optional)
- White pepper
- 3-4 cups Water
Other hot pot ingredients (anything you like)
- Marinate chicken with 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp cooking wine, white pepper. Leave it in the fridge to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat your pan with 1claypot with 1 tbsp oil and fry the sliced ginger, onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the mala paste, dry chili, Szechuan peppercorn and Szechuan powder to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the marinated chicken and stir fry for 10 minutes in medium heat and then add in 3-4 cups of water or with chicken stock.
- Leave it to boil for another 10 minutes and add in other hot pot ingredients you like!
- Serve and enjoy!