Cuisine: British | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serve: 2 persons
Homemade Fish & Chips that you can prepare within 30 minutes! I’ve simplified the ingredients and fairly easy to get in your local supermarket. Try, experiment and change it to suit your taste! If you like it with a little heat, put in some chili powder.
I would love to see what you’ve made, do share or tag us on FB or Instagram @themadcook.
2 Dory fish fillet
3 Russet potatoes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp paprika (optional)
1 tsp garlic salt (or just salt)
1/2 cup of beer/ soda water/ water
1. Prepare your ingredient, firstly b cutting the potatoes into wedges or fries. Using a paper towel to absorb excess water and leave it aside. Also using the same method on the fish fillet to remove any excess water and to lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, pour all the dry mixture: flour, corn flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Then add in the beer/water and mix it thoroughly until it becomes a thick batter.
3. Put in your fish fillet and let it sit in the batter. Make sure the fillet is dry before putting in the batter to avoid oil splatter when you fry.
4. In a deep pan, heat the oil in medium to low and to add in the cut potatoes. Leave it to for 3 minutes or to take it off once it becomes golden brown. If you prefer it to be crispier, fry it twice: 1. Fry for 3 minutes and take it out 2. Fry for another 1-2 minutes in high heat.
5. In the same pot, fry the fish fillet in medium to low heat until it turns golden brown.
6. Serve hot with lemon and tartare sauce.